Orange Drizzle Cake
Inspired by the classic lemon drizzle cake, this orange drizzle cake is delightfully moist and fragrant. This citrus cake brings warmth and a burst of fresh flavour. The orange juice gives it a beautiful golden colour that is to die for!
For the cake:
- 200g flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 200g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 150ml plain yogurt
- zest of 1 orange
- 5 tbsp orange juice
- 1tsp orange extract
- 150ml sunflower oil
For the syrup:
- 4 tbsp icing sugar
- 3 tbsp orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Line an 8” cake tin or loaf tin with baking paper.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and sugar into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, yogurt, orange zest, juice and extract.
- Pour the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- For the syrup, put the sugar and orange juice in a pan. Stir over low heat until it thickens slightly.
- Brush the syrup over the cake as soon as it comes out of the oven. Cool the cake completely before serving.