This cake is dreamy and light, brightened with lemon and blueberries. With the perfect combination tart and sweet, this cake is the ultimate summer dessert.
- 85 g unsalted butter
- 180 g flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 170 g powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ c milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla zest
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a 9-inch tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, sieve the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add in the lemon juice and zest and whisk well. Next, add in the egg and mix well. Slowly add in the milk, whisking continuously.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients one-third at a time. Mix until there are no lumps.
- Fold the blueberries into the batter.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared tin.
- Bake in the oven at 180 for 30-35 minutes.