This ice cream is inspired by my favourite candy bar - Snickers. It has dark chocolate, salted caramel, peanuts, chocolate chunks. Is there any way you can even go wrong with this? This recipe serves 6.
- 500 g milk
- 200 g heavy cream
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 150 g dark chocolate
- semi sweet chocolate chunks
- 1/2 c roasted peanuts
- 4 tbsp salted caramel sauce
- Pour the milk in a heavy bottom saucepan. Over medium heat, cook the milk, whisking continuously until it has halved in quantity.
- Mix the cornflour with a little bit of milk and add it to the milk.
- Add in the sugar and mix well.
- Melt the dark chocolate and add it to the milk. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Leave the mixture aside to cool completely.
- Whip the heavy cream until soft peaks.
- Fold the cream into the milk mixture.
- Pour into a container, cover and freeze overnight.
- Blend the ice cream in a blender until smooth.
- Fold in the salted caramel sauce and crushed peanuts.
- Freeze for 4 hours at least.