Banoffee pie is hands down my favourite summer dessert. And, it's super easy to make. The only difficult thing about this recipe is having to wait 3 hours before you can actually dig in to it!
- 50 g melted butter
- 150 g digestive biscuits
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 2 large bananas
- 80 g of heavy whipping cream
- Line an 8 inch spring form tin with parchment paper.
- In a zip lock bag, put in your digestive biscuits and bash with a rolling pin until you get crumbs.
- Add the biscuit crumbs into a mixing bowl. Add in the melted butter and mix until it resembles wet sand.
- Tip it into your tin and press down firmly until you have an even layer.
- Put it in the fridge for 20 minutes to set.
7. Cut the bananas into thin discs and whip the cream.
8. Take the tin out of the fridge. Pour the toffee over the biscuit base and spread evenly. Arrange the banana discs on top. Top if off with the whipped cream.
9. Put it in the fridge for 3 hours at least so the pie is set. Then you can release the tin.