Mocha Donuts with Peppermint Glaze
There is no other flavour combination that defines winter better (at least in my opinion) than coffee, chocolate and peppermint. I made these mini donuts on christmas and they were an absolute hit! The deep chocolate and coffee flavours really stand out, while the peppermint adds a hint of sweetness. These are baked, but trust me, you really won't be able to tell!
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 2 tsp of instant coffee
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
For the glaze:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- In a bowl, add the sugar and egg, and mix well. Next, add the oil and vanilla, and mix well.
- Add the vinegar to the milk and set aside for about 5 minutes, then add it to the egg mixture.
- Dissolve the instant coffee in the hot water, and then add to the batter.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the baking soda, flour, and cocoa powder.
- Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet until just mixed together.
- Transfer to a greased donut pan.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Set aside to completely cool the donuts before glazing.
- For the glaze, add all of the ingredients together, and mix well.
- Dip donuts in glaze and enjoy!