Vegan Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cake
Peanut butter and chocolate is one of those irresistible combinations that you just can't go wrong with. It's impossible to have only one slice of this cake. It's that good. And it's vegan!
This recipe is adapted from Bea's book 'Tea With Bea', which is actually one of my favourite baking books. The vegan chocolate cake was the first recipe I tried, and it has now become my go-to recipe. It is absolutely foolproof and produces the perfect cake every single time.
- 275 g flour
- 100 g cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 450 ml soy milk
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 300 g caster sugar
- 300 ml sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 160 C. Line a 9" round baking pan with parchment paper.
- Put the flour, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt into a large mixing bowl and sift twice through a sieve.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the soya milk, vinegar, sugar, oil and vanilla extract. Pour into the flour mixture and stir until well combined.
- Add 2 tbsp of the peanut butter into the mixture and mix well.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Add dollops of the remaining peanut butter on top and swirl with a knife.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40-55 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes in the pan.