Chocolate Chip Cookies
My definition of comfort food would have to be a soft, gooey, warm chocolate chip cookie with vanilla ice cream. And this recipe produces cookies so soft, they will melt in your mouth. I like using both chocolate chunks and chips, of two different kinds of chocolate. This not only gives the cookies a unique flavour, but great texture too. This recipe produces 25-30 cookies.
- 140 unsalted butter
- 70 g brown sugar
- 60 g granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 200 g flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 75 g semi sweet chocolate chunks
- 75 g milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add in the vanilla and egg and mix well.
- Sieve in the flour, baking soda and salt and mix until incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks and chips.
- Using a tablespoon, place mounds of the dough on to the baking sheet, leaving enough space between each mound.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes.