If you know me at all, you would know that every summer I have a love affair with lemons. And this summer is no different. A while back, I made a lemon tart which used lemon curd. However, that lemon curd recipe is slightly different. It produces a much thicker curd which sets in the fridge. If you're looking to make a tart, I would suggest you use that recipe. This lemon curd is a lot thinner, perfect for spreading on cakes or toast.
- 2 yolks
- 1/4 c sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/8 c lemon juice
- 3 tbsp butter, cubed
- Place the egg yolks in a double boiler. Beat for a minute and add in the sugar.
- Add lemon juice, zest and beat well.
- Stir in the butter, one piece at a time.
- Cook until the curd has thickened.
- Strain the mixture and cover with cling film, making sure the cling film touches the surface of the curd.
- Once cool, transfer to a jar and refrigerate.