Happy New Year everyone! This christmas, I decided to make a strawberry pavlova. I know pavlova is more of a summer-y dessert, but the beautiful tones of white and red remind me of Christmas, so I thought why not?
- 2 egg whites
- 125 g caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp cornflour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- whipping cream and strawberries for the topping
- Pre-heat oven to 150 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper, and oil it slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks, then whisk in the caster sugar one spoon at a time until the meringue turns glossy.
- Whisk in the vinegar, cornflour and vanilla.
- Spread the meringue on the parchment paper in a circle shape. It doesn't need to be perfect! Spread the meringue in such a way that the sides are higher than the middle to create a crater.
- Bake for an hour. Then, slightly open the oven door and let it cool completely for an hour.
- When it is cool, take it out of the oven and top with whipped cream and strawberries.
- If you leave it in the fridge for 2-3 hours, it will go marshmallow-y and deliciously chewy from the inside.