Cut Out Jam Biscuits

Are these cute or what? I found this recipe in a cookbook for kids my friend gifted me last year. Yes, it's for kids. And I was quite skeptical, but I love these! I promise you'll love them too!
This recipe makes about 40 biscuits. I used only half the measurements (for 20). My cookie cutters are from IKEA and are super adorable! 

You can buy them here : http://www.ikea.com/aa/en/catalog/products/50151831/




Ingredients:

  1. 100g butter, softened
  2. 50g caster sugar
  3. a small orange
  4. 1 medium egg
  5. 2 tbsp ground almonds
  6. 200g plain flour
  7. 1 tbsp cornflour
  8. 8 tbsp seedless raspberry jam
  9. a round cookie cutter
  10. a smaller cookie cutter (I used a heart)


Method:

1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees. 
2. Put the butter and sugar in a large bowl and cream till pale and fluffy. Grate the zest from the orange and add to the bowl.
3. Break the egg into a cup, mix with a fork and add to the bowl. Mix well.
4. Add the ground almonds. Sift the flour and cornflour and add to the bowl.
5. Kneed with your hands until you have a dough.
6. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
7. Sprinkle flour onto your work surface and roll out the dough until it is about 3 mm thick.
8. Use the round cutter to cut out circles. Use the smaller one to cut out the middle of half of your circles. 9. Bake for about 15 minutes. Leave on baking tray for two minutes. Move onto wire rack to cool.
10. Spread jam on the whole biscuits and place the heart biscuits on top. Be very gentle as the biscuits are very delicate.

Comments

  1. Dear Ridhima, I like these cookies very much! I have made something similar but since I am not a baker - mine look like homemade - http://www.ibaketoday.com/2014/02/kranzl-cookies-filled-with-homemade-jam.html.
    Those little hearts of yours are so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yours look lovely too, looking forward to trying out your recipe :) :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts