Cherry Upside Down Cake

I absolutely love this cake. It's almost too beautiful to eat. Almost. I made this cake last year, but completely forgot to post the recipe. It is beautifully moist, and let's face it, that red colour is to die for! I personally love this cake with a big dollop of almond ice cream. 


Ingredients:
  1. 85 g unsalted butter
  2. 180 g flour
  3. 1 ½ tsp baking powder
  4. ½ tsp cinnamon
  5. ½ tsp salt
  6. 170 g powdered sugar
  7. 1 egg
  8. ½ c milk
  9. 1 tsp vanilla extract
  10. ½ c cherries, pitted and halved
  11. 3 tbsp demerara sugar



Method:

  1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and grease an 8-inch tin with butter.
  2. Evenly spread the demerara sugar at the bottom of the tin. Arrange the cherries on top of the sugar, round side up. 
  3. In a large bowl, sieve the flour, baking powder and salt.
  4. In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add in the egg and vanilla and mix well. Slowly add in the milk, whisking continuously.
  5. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients one-third at a time. Mix until there are no lumps.
  6. Transfer the batter into the tin.
  7. Bake at180 degrees for 30-35 minutes. 
  8. Cool the cake completely before removing it from the tin. 

Comments

  1. Save Your Relationship and Get Your husband, I don`t know how to really thank Dr Ralph. My Name is Morreen Dolly i am from Norway, i was dating this man who i loved very much for over four years now without any problem in our relationship. so at a point he changed so suddenly after returning from the office and started behaving so strangely. it even got to the extent that he told me it was over and i should never call him again. This was a person that loved me with everything that he had. When i told my friend jenny what happened, she introduced me to a great spell caster Dr Ralph, the priest of all spell caster. At first sight this man told me all my problems that it was his secretary that used a charm on him. Dr Ralph told me not to worry that he will help me solve the problem. The following day, i was in the house in a sober mood when i first received a message from my husband that he was very sorry and before i dropped the phone, he called me again to say he is on his way home and that he was truly sorry for everything. To my greatest surprise, one week later he engaged me and we got married. He can also help you cast spell like Love spells, Pregnancy spell, Lottery winning spell, Business improvement spell, Cure for any kind of sickness like :Cancer, diabetes, HIV/Aids E.T.C, Financial spell , And many more. All Thanks to Dr Ralph. You can contact him through the following means. Email: Ralphspellsolution@gmail.com or Whatsapp on +2347037816417.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts